BIOUNCERTAINTY - ERC Starting Grant no. 805498
The “Filozofia w Praktyce” contest for students
The “Filozofia w Praktyce” journal announced another contest for students; it concerns essays on practical philosophy. The starting point for philosophical analyzes should be any current event, social process or scientific discovery involving, for example, public health; ecology; armed conflicts. Deadline for submission: June 30, 2019.
* All students od all Polish higher education institutions (in the academic year 2018/19) are entitled to submit their essays.
* Character count should be (including bibliography and footnotes) no more than 20,000 characters with spaces.
* Bibliography should be done in a consistent manner according to the standards of scientific journals (you can follow the example of “Diametros” journal).
* In the headline, please provide the following information: title of the work, name and surname, university, year and field of study.
* Applications sent may not be publicly available (published essays cannot compete), but they may be academic assignments submitted for marking at the current course of study.
* Evaluation will be carried out by the team of “Filozofia w Praktyce” based on the following criteria: subject of the thesis, quality of philosophical argumentation, orientation in contemporary discussions in the field of practical philosophy, attractiveness of presentation, grammatic correctness.
* Deadline for submission: June 30, 2019.
* Results: September 2019.
* The authors of the best works will receive cash prizes (PLN 1000, PLN 500, PLN 250) and coupons for the purchase of books, and their essays may be published in the journal “Filozofia w Praktyce”.
* Submitting applications and questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
* In the academic year 2018/19, prizes and awards are funded by the Institute of Philosophy of the Jagiellonian University and the Interdisciplinary Center for Ethics of the Jagiellonian University.