BIOUNCERTAINTY - ERC Starting Grant no. 805498
[Expired] Assistant researchers
The Jagiellonian University in Kraków welcomes applications for PhD positions ("assistant researchers") in the project "Deep uncertainties in bioethics: genetic research, preventive medicine, reproductive decisions" (BIOUNCERTAINTY), funded by the European Research Council Starting Grant (ERC). The Principal Investigator of this project is Dr. Tomasz Żuradzki (Philosophy, Jagiellonian University).
For the post of assistant researcher may apply persons who fulfil requirements stated in Article 113, 116 (2) (4) of the Act of 20th July 2018 Law on higher education and science and meet the following qualification requirements:
- hold the degree of magister, magister inżynier or an equivalent degree or will be officially awarded before the date of competition settlement,
- prepared an outstanding magister degree thesis confirmed by opinion of their academic tutor,
- provide a positive opinion of the head of department/chair or academic tutor on candidate’s suitability work in the post of academic researcher,
- demonstrates an interest in the project topics (ethics, bioethics, philosophy of science, moral psychology etc.) and readiness to engage in the realization of the project BIOUNCERTAINTY (no. 805498),
- good organisational skills, reliability, ability to keep deadlines,
- proficiency in both Polish and English.
Candidates who apply for the post are required to file their application in “Centrum Administracyjnego Wsparcia Projektów UJ”, ul. Czapskich 4, room 118, 31-110 Kraków, the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae,
- Personal questionnaire,
- Copy of magister degree diploma or doctoral diploma,
- If applicable - list of publications (including publishing house and number of pages),
- Information regarding classes taught by a candidate, if applicable,
- Form of the latest interim evaluation, if a candidate was evaluated,
- Opinion of the head of department or academic tutor on candidate’s suitability for teaching classes (including results of students’ questionnaires, if a candidate was assessed in this manner) and his/her academic activity,
- Statement declaring that Jagiellonian University will be the basic place of employment in the case of being employed in the competition procedure.
- Statement – in accordance with Article 113 of the Act Law on higher education and science.
- Statement regarding acquaintance and acceptance of intellectual property rules as well as legal protection of intellectual property.
- Information regarding personal data processing.
- A report concerning the scientific achievements of the candidate, as well as their research plans related to the project BIOUNCERTAINTY (no more than 3 pages).
Enquiries about the appointments procedure and related matters may be made to Magdalena Obłoza, the grant administrator, at email@example.com or by telephone on +48 12 663 30 08. Enquiries about academic matters may be made to Dr. Tomasz Żuradzki, the Principal Investigator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition commencement date: 19 July 2019
Applications can be filed till: 18 August 2019
Decision regarding competition settlement shall be made till: 30 September 2019
Information about the project BIOUNCERTAINTY.
Information about the position in Euraxess.
Jagiellonian University does not provide housing.
Statement forms can be downloaded on the website: