[Important! New deadline] Philosophy in Practice: student competition 2021
The "Philosophy in Practice" popular science journal is pleased to announce a competition for first and second cycle students at all Polish universities. The competition concerns papers in the subject of practical philosophy. Deadline for submitting papers: 15th September 2021.
Who can participate?
Students at any Polish university who are taking first (Bachelor) and second (Master) cycle studies in all fields can submit their papers.
Rules on the form of the paper
- Character count (including bibliography and footnotes): no more than 20,000 characters (including spaces).
- The bibliography should be constructed in a consistent manner according to the standards of renowned scientific journals (e.g. you can follow the guidelines for the 'Diametros' journal).
- In the header, please provide the following information: title of the paper, first and last name, university, year and field of study.
- Papers submitted to the competition should not have been previously published or made available to the public (but they may be university assignments).
Awards and funding
The authors of the best papers will receive cash prizes (PLN 1000, PLN 500, PLN 250) and vouchers for books; their work may be published in the journal "Philosophy in Practice".
In the 2020/21 academic year, awards are funded by the Jagiellonian University Institute of Philosophy and the Jagiellonian University Interdisciplinary Centre for Ethics.
Deadlines and contact information
- Deadline: 15th September 2021.
- Submission of applications and questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Announcement of Winners: September 2021
More information (only in Polish): http://filozofiawpraktyce.pl/konkurs/.